Station No. 10

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:

Architect:

Builder:

Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 10

1639 Mahoning Ave, Youngstown, Ohio 44509 (Between Eleanor Ave and Steel St)

April 7, 1913

May 22, 1992

1

Engine 10

Closed

Still Standing

Additional Information:

Station 10 was opened April 7, 1913 at the southeast corner of Mahoning Ave. and Eleanor Ave. It serviced the city's west side. An addition was added to the rear of the station in 1955. The station was closed on May 22, 1992 when Station 5 and 10's districts were consolidated into the newly opened Station 3 (D). The building housed the fire inspection bureau and the Police Department's Training Division. It is now home to the Youngstown Police Athletic League and the YPD Community Education Center.

Photo Gallery

Page last updated on

June 27, 2020, 3:08:31 AM