Station No. 1 (B)

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:

Architect:

Builder:

Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 1 (B)

420 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. (W. Federal St), Youngstown, Ohio 44502 (Between Belmont Ave and 5th Ave)

Arsene Rousseau

Marinelli

March 31, 1955

1956

March 1, 1956

4

Engine 1, Engine 7, Ladder 22, Squad 33, Car 31/Battalion 1

Open

Still Standing

Additional Information:

Station 1 is the main city fire station. It is located in the heart of Downtown Youngstown. Station 1 is home to the Fire Chief's office, Training, Shop, Fire Prevention and Inspection and Arson. Opened on March 1, 1956, this station marked the return of a downtown fire station. The city's center had been covered by outlying stations since the early 1930's when the original downtown station closed. Station 1 was designed by architect Arsene Rousseau and modeled after a station in Toledo, Ohio. In October 2018, Squad 33 was relocated to Station 3 and began running as Rescue 3. On December 13, 2019, Engine 7 was relocated to downtown when their station was closed. As of 12/13/2019, Engine 7, Ladder 22 and Battalion 1 respond from the downtown station.

Photo Gallery

Page last updated on

June 27, 2020, 2:22:51 AM