Station No. 3 (C)

Steve Bournias Collection.

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:

Architect:

Builder:

Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 3 (C)

Belmont and Emerson Place, Youngstown, Ohio 44504

February 13, 1935

September 8, 1980

1

Engine 3

Closed

Demolished

Additional Information:

As part of a CWA (Civil Works Administration) project, the building was moved from Thomas and Foster to the northeast corner of Belmont and Emerson Place during the week of February 14, 1934. The building was remodeled and was again ready for active use on February 13, 1935. The station was closed on September 8, 1980 due to lack of funds. The building went on to house the Mahoning Co. Recycling Center offices. and was demolished in the late 80's or early 90's to build medical offices.

Photo Gallery

Page last updated on

  • w-facebook
  • Twitter Clean
  • YouTube

DISCLAIMER: This site is not an "official" city of Youngstown website. Any official department business should be directed to the Fire Chief's office at 330-747-7403. The content provided is believed to be an accurate representation of the YFD. This site is a tribute to the firefighters who serve the City of Youngstown and its citizens. The Job Opportunities section should not be considered as an official notice of examination. Information regarding testing dates will be listed on the City of Youngstown's official web site. No city funds were or are used for this website.

IAFF LOCAL
312
SITE

Copyright © 1998-2020 Site designed and maintained by Greg Ricker.

CITY OF YOUNGSTOWN SITE