Station No. 5 (A)

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:

Architect:

Builder:

Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 5 (A)

Oakland Ave and Superior St

Owsley and Boucharle

January 1897

February 1949

1

Hose Company No. 5

Closed

Demolished

Additional Information:

Station 5 sat at the northeast corner of Oakland and Superior in the Brier Hill section of the city. It was opened in January of 1897. The station was built to serve the quickly growing steel mills and worker's houses in the area. The station was demolished in late February of 1949 to make way for a new station (No.5 (B)).

Photo Gallery

Page last updated on

June 27, 2020, 2:23:06 AM