Station No. 5 (B)

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:

Architect:

Builder:

Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 5 (B)

1524 Oakland Ave (Between Superior Ave. and Jefferson St.)

Katzman Construction Co.

Week of April 20, 1949

October 15, 1949

April 15, 1990

1

Engine 5

Closed

Still Standing

Additional Information:

Station 5 was opened on October 15, 1949. It was built at a cost of $47,000. It is a mirror image of Station 2 (B) which was built in 1950. On April 15, 1990 the station was closed due to city budget problems. There was talk of housing the fire department ambulance in the station but it was eventually sold and is now home to the Black Knights Police Association. It was often known as the Briar Hill Fire Station.

Photo Gallery

Page last updated on

  • w-facebook
  • Twitter Clean
  • YouTube

DISCLAIMER: This site is not an "official" city of Youngstown website. Any official department business should be directed to the Fire Chief's office at 330-747-7403. The content provided is believed to be an accurate representation of the YFD. This site is a tribute to the firefighters who serve the City of Youngstown and its citizens. The Job Opportunities section should not be considered as an official notice of examination. Information regarding testing dates will be listed on the City of Youngstown's official web site. No city funds were or are used for this website.

IAFF LOCAL
312
SITE

Copyright © 1998-2020 Site designed and maintained by Greg Ricker.

CITY OF YOUNGSTOWN SITE