Station No. 6 (A)

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:

Architect:

Builder:

Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 6 (A)

Wilson Ave near Jackson St.

Owsley and Boucharle

December 9, 1896

November 28, 1960

1 originally then expanded to 2

Hose and Engine Company No. 6

Closed

Demolished

Additional Information:

When this station went into service on December 9, 1896, it was identical to stations 4 and 5 (A). The station resided on the southside of Wilson Ave. near Jackson. As time progress the city saw the need for additional equipment due to the long distances from the other stations by horse to this area. A second bay was added to house a steamer. The station was closed on November 28, 1960 when the new Station 6 (B) opened and demolished sometime after. This station was often referred to as the Hazelton Fire Station.

Photo Gallery

Station 6 Before Demolition Photos

Page last updated on

  • w-facebook
  • Twitter Clean
  • YouTube

DISCLAIMER: This site is not an "official" city of Youngstown website. Any official department business should be directed to the Fire Chief's office at 330-747-7403. The content provided is believed to be an accurate representation of the YFD. This site is a tribute to the firefighters who serve the City of Youngstown and its citizens. The Job Opportunities section should not be considered as an official notice of examination. Information regarding testing dates will be listed on the City of Youngstown's official web site. No city funds were or are used for this website.

IAFF LOCAL
312
SITE

Copyright © 1998-2020 Site designed and maintained by Greg Ricker.

CITY OF YOUNGSTOWN SITE