Station No. 6 (B)

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:

Architect:

Builder:

Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 6 (B)

1817 Shehy St, Youngstown, Ohio 44506

Boucherle, Hanahan and Strotto

J.W. Finch Construction Co.

November 28, 1960

1

Engine 6

Open

Still Standing

Additional Information:

Station 6 was opened for service on November 28, 1960 and replaced an original 1890's station. Built at a cost of $93,000, station 6 was designed by the architectural firm of Boucherle, Hanahan and Strotto and built by the J.W. Finch Construction Co. This station houses Engine 6 and is the second due engine company on downtown alarms. On May 10, 2001 a door mural designed and created by Choffin Career Center Graphic design students was completed and dedicated. In 2012, the station door was repainted white.

Photo Gallery

Page last updated on

  • w-facebook
  • Twitter Clean
  • YouTube

DISCLAIMER: This site is not an "official" city of Youngstown website. Any official department business should be directed to the Fire Chief's office at 330-747-7403. The content provided is believed to be an accurate representation of the YFD. This site is a tribute to the firefighters who serve the City of Youngstown and its citizens. The Job Opportunities section should not be considered as an official notice of examination. Information regarding testing dates will be listed on the City of Youngstown's official web site. No city funds were or are used for this website.

IAFF LOCAL
312
SITE

Copyright © 1998-2020 Site designed and maintained by Greg Ricker.

CITY OF YOUNGSTOWN SITE