top of page

Station No. 7

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:



Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 7

141 Madison Ave., Youngstown, Ohio 44505 (Between Elm St and Bryson St)

E. Rufus Thompson



January 23, 1904

December 13, 2019


Hose and Engine Company No 7/Engine 7/Ladder 21/Car 31


Still Standing

Additional Information:

This city firehouse was opened on January 23, 1904 and was disbanded on December 13, 2019 due to ongoing budget issues. Until its closing, it was the city's oldest operational firehouse. The station originally consisted of three floors but sometime in the 40's or 50's, the third floor was removed. In the past, it had been home to Engine 7, Ladder 21, and a Battalion Chief. At the time of closing, it only housed Engine 7. This station was the first due Engine company at Youngstown State University and to downtown responses. In November 2009, the station and the land was sold to US Campus Suites developer Dominic Marchiondo for $1 Million. The station was then leased back to the city to use for $10/year. The city and other local politicians are continuing talks of building a new station on the Northside but no forward progress has been made on the issue.

Photo Gallery

Page last updated on

June 27, 2020 at 2:21:22 AM

bottom of page