Station No. 8

Station Designation:

Address/Cross Street:

Architect:

Builder:

Construction Began:

Construction End:

Date Opened:

Date Closed:

Number of Bays:

Apparatus Stationed:

Auditor Site Link 1:

Auditor Site Link 2:

Service Status:

Structure Status:

Station No. 8

2117 Market St., Youngstown, Ohio 44507. (Between Fredrick St (now E. Glenaven Ave) and E Earle Ave)

E. Rufus Thompson

July 1908

June 6, 1991

2

Automobile Engine and Hose Company No.. 8, Engine 8, Car 32

Closed

Still Standing

Additional Information:

Station 8 at the southeast corner of Market and Fredrick (now known as E. Glenaven) was opened in July of 1908. It was the first station to house a piece of motorized fire apparatus. It closed June 6, 1991 when Station 8 and 13's districts were consolidated into the newly opened Station 2 (C). The station was home to the Police Department's Community Oriented Police offices and the Knights of Columbus. It is currently a private residence.

Photo Gallery

Page last updated on

June 27, 2020, 2:21:11 AM